Learn how to successfully address sensitive work place issues
Available as both a ten minute video briefing and as a 25 minute on line training course
This learning resourse is available as either a ten minute video briefing, and as a 25 minute long on line training course.
This ten minutes video looks at how to address sensitive issues in the workplace such as alcohol misuse, bereavement, body odour and office romances.
Video briefing description
Certain problems that arise in the workplace touch on sensitive personal issues and need careful handling if they are to be addressed effectively and not lead to tribunal action. It’s important to be guided by concern for the individual as well as being mindful of the impact of the issue on their work and colleagues. The aim should always be to have a constructive dialogue that focuses on finding a workable and sustainable solution.
Combining drama and role-play with analysis of the legal implications for employers, workplace mediator and psychotherapist Barry Winbolt looks at the challenges of addressing sensitive issues in the workplace and demonstrates some effective techniques for doing so.
This video briefing will give a better understanding of:
- the importance of taking action early to stop issues from escalating
- how to broach personal issues and address them sensitively and effectively
- considerations around employees’ privacy and confidentiality
- key legal considerations for employers when dealing with sensitive issues at work.
The experts involved in the production of this video learning resoure
- Barry Winbolt – Trainer, mediator, psychotherapist and writer
- Petra Venton – Employment Support Lawyer, Cripps LLP
25 Minute on Line Training Course
Some issues in the workplace are particularly sensitive and need careful handling and so managers need more knowledge to be able to deal with them successfully.
Combining original drama with expert analysis, this 25 minute on line course looks at how to approach and resolve some common issues in an effective way and also offers some advice on how to avoid the legal pitfalls that having to address a sensitive issue can create.
Whether it’s speaking to someone about their bad body odour, tackling issues around someone’s personal life, dealing with sickness and bereavement or addressing suspected alcohol or drug abuse, being able to have conversations around sensitive issues is a key skill that can mean the difference between a happy, productive workforce and one that’s plagued by stress, poor employee dynamics and low productivity.
It is also essential for employers and managers to be aware of common legal pitfalls around dealing with certain issues in order to avoid costly tribunal action further down the line.
Combining thought-provoking original drama with insight from an employment law expert and leading workplace psychologists, this course provides employers and managers with a toolkit for raising delicate and personal issues and resolving them effectively at an early stage.
- why certain issues are particularly sensitive and the challenges we can face in dealing with them
- effective communication techniques and the importance of respect, compassion and sensitivity
- common legal pitfalls and early steps to take to avoid tribunal action
- the importance of drawing up clear policies and terms and conditions of employment and communicating them effectively
- when conversations need to move from expressions of concern to the disciplinary process.
The experts involved in the production of this on line course are
- Petra Venton, Employment lawyer, Cripps LLP
- Barry Winbolt, Psychologist and mediator
- Clive Lewis, CEO, Globis Mediation
- Kate Russell, Employment law and HR consultant, Russell HR Consulting
Ask a Work Place Learning Centre Expert about how we can tailor this e-learning resource to meet your exact needs.
Work Place Learning Centre experts will work with you to create a learning activity that includes whatever you need, your corporate branding, references to your policies and procedures, using your corporate language, non English language versions.
You name it, this learning resource really can be tailored to meet the exact requirements of the learning need that you want to address.
Simply ask a Work Place Learning Centre Expert for more information.
Work Place Learning Centre are always happy to discuss ways in which you can provide your employees with access to our catalogue of learning resources.
Just let a Work Place Learning Expert know what you are aiming to achieve and we will do our best.
Ask a Work Place Learning Centre Expert about the discounts available when you buy multiple copies of this learning resource or combine buying this resource with a purchase of other resources.
Why not let Work Place Learning Centre quote for providing learning resources and activities to meet all of your learning needs?
Just ask a Work Place Learning Centre Expert for more information
Work Place Learning Centre may not always have the lowest price, but we always provide our clients with the highest levels of support.
So, with the support of our team of expert trainers and development coaches you can be assured of achieving all of the learning objectives required of your employees.